Reel-to-Reel Stamping of a Brass Switch Connector for the Circuit Board Industry
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
This brass switch connector is used within a Gaming Machine application. Our competitors said it couldn't be done, but we developed a solution to reel-to-reel stamp this component for our customer.
After custom designing and building the appropriate tooling, we then utilized a Bihler RM 35 stamping and forming machine to reel-to-reel stamp and rewind the 11.77 mm long, 2.46 mm wide, 6.26mm high and .010" thick connectors onto corrugated reels. All this was done at over 200 strokes per minute. Throughout the entire stamping process, we were able to hold tightest tolerances of ±.05 mm.
After inspection and packaging, we shipped 10,000,000 pieces to the client's Bolingbrook, Illinois location annually.
For more information about this project, see the details below. To learn about our other outstanding service, please contact Superfine today.
Request a Quote
Reel-to-Reel Stamping of a Brass Switch Connector for the Circuit Board Industry Specifications
- Product Description
- This brass switch connector is used within a Gaming Machine application, stamped and formed reel-to-reel.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Design and built tool in house
- Stamp Parts & Rewind onto Corrugated Reels
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Bihler RM 35 Punch/Forming Machine
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 11.77 mm
Width: 2.46 mm
- Height: 6.26 mm
- Length: 11.77 mm
- Tightest Tolerances
- ±.05 mm (.002)
- Material Used
- 260 Brass
- Material Finish
- Pre-plated Tin
- Inspection/Testing Performed
- In-Process Inspection
- Estimated Part Weight
- 0.00138 lb. each / 1.38 lbs. per 1000
- Industry for Use
- Circuit Board
- 10,000,000 pieces Annually
- Delivery Location
- Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Standards Met
- Customer Supplied CAD Print
Provide Certificate of Conformance
- Product Name
- Sub-Miniature Switch Connector
Back to top